Last winter Mark and I stumbled upon a pretty remarkable site on our Anniversary outing. It just so happened to be a place that Bailee had originally told us about wanting to visit.
She was not super happy that we had gone there without her. With everyone having some time off after Christmas and Bailee really in need of a shake up, I suggested Mark take her on an outing to the Shambhala Mountain Center.
| offerings left outside Stupa |
It is quite unexpected as the Stupa itself isn't even visible until you have traveled nearly 20 minutes on the trail. By then it is just looming over the treetops.
| Bailee getting a good look |
The colors on this are unbelievably vibrant. Although I wasn't there on this visit, I remember the peaceful almost eerie quiet. I am told that this time there was someone in the Stupa meditating which added an interesting component.
Stupas are said to promote harmony, prosperity, longevity, good health and peace.
Sure hope that holds true for Bailee {and the rest of us}.
No comments:
Post a Comment