One of my Christmas gifts this year was a ticket home. It was extremely difficult to leave my family after our Thanksgiving visit...to say the least. Someone knew I really needed to go spend some more time with them. It was a nice quick (and only slightly bumpy) ride from Denver to Salt Lake and I was greeted by my sister Ashlee and nephew Hazen. I left clear sunny skies in Denver and landed in a cloudy smog.
My little excursion took place over our Anniversary. I like to think it was just coincidence, but maybe I'm wrong and Mark was really trying to get rid of me;) Either way, he sent me a delicious box of gourmet cookies so I didn't think he forgot about me. They were yummy and HUGE and were most definitely shared with whoever came around.
I spent my Anniversary with my mom and sisters. Hey ... .. if you can't be with your hubby, this is the next best thing. We had a girls night at The Old Spaghetti Factory, which was fitting since it was a frequent date spot for Mark and I back in the day:)
I was so happy to be in town for my little nephew, Cooper's 1st birthday. The girls were not so excited that they couldn't be there. My sis-in-law Jenn put together the cutest little Construction themed party with every detail included.
Here he is .. .. .. the man of the hour! It was so fun to learn a little more about this nephew of mine that I don't get to see often enough through some fun games Jenn put together.
This kid is so dang adorable!!
I also got to hang out with this cutie!
I think it's safe to say this guy enjoyed his birthday cake. His mom was calm as a cucumber about the major mess he made .. .. ..his dad on the other hand.. .. .. .. :/
I stayed with my sister Jami and her family and appreciated their warm welcome and hospitality so much. It seemed a little weird to be there without my family, but it was also nice to have that time with her boys. Hazen and I spent lots of time playing games. One night we got almost everyone to join us!
I had the chance to have some meaningful and necessary conversations with my family and some late nights with my sisters:) It was a much needed trip and despite being a little emotionally and mentally drained, I left feeling somewhat rejuvenated. I flew out with clearer skies than when I came.....
I am so glad I got to spend the time with my family, but I did miss my little family at home. I was so anxious to see them at the airport and I was greeted with this beautiful sign from my little artist.



What a great gift! Looks like you had a great trip. Sometimes it's nice to get away and focus on you.
ReplyDelete