Saturday, January 10, 2015

Birthday Boy!

Mark had a birthday a couple of days ago. He hasn't been in much of a celebrating mood these days, but we can't really just overlook a birthday all together now can we:)  I decided to surprise him with a lunch date. I knew he would be in the office, but since he doesn't have a set lunch time, I had to hope I could coordinate it it just right to pick up some balloons and get them tied to his car right around lunch . I was anxious about him either going before I got there, or not being able to get away for hours. After securing the balloons,  I sent him a text [around 11:45] asking him to please look in his car for our check book. Surprisingly, he didn't drop everything and rush to the car.....imagine that!  After another text, he said he was "working on it".  Who knew how long that would take....ugh. So I had do be more demanding telling him that I was frantic that I may have left it at the school and I really needed him to put my mind at ease...ASAP. Of course, the wind was raging that afternoon and as I sat in my parking spot in view of the door and his car, I was sure I was going to see the balloons just fly away and it would be a bust! Finally, after 15 minutes or so of waiting, he came out to the parking lot, spotted the balloons...surprised ...no doubt wanting to get them out of view from any onlookers. Another text..."Lunch??".....confusion..."where are you?"......right here in the parking lot....as I pulled around and he hopped aboard for a lunch date to Panda.....of course. He LOVES his Panda. When the girls heard I took him to lunch, they immediately asked "how was Panda?". They know him so well!! When he got home from work, we made him a yummy Pesto Chicken dish and he unwrapped a new sander ...pretty exciting:)  He is also wanting a new backpacking sleeping bag{we're waiting for a better price on that}. 
 The girls sang him a birthday song with their own lyrics...

 Happy Birthday to this funny, smart, hard working, and handsome fella!! We sure do love him lots:)

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, I completely missed his birthday. Sorry Mark, Happy Birthday! Love the framed pictures of him (especially the one of him wearing a dress?). Sounds like a fun date idea...Panda is one of my all time favorites too!

    ReplyDelete