Kars and Emm participated in a Fun Run on Monday morning. Their school holds this annual event at the Hereford Ranch just east of town. The family that owns the ranch has "adopted" Deming Miller Elementary and they invite them out every year for the run, some lawn games and pizza for lunch. It is beautiful out there...and luckily the weather cooperated for a perfect Fall day.
The run was broken down into grade divisions. These girls ran their little hearts out. I ran along with the 1st graders ...thinking I would help keep them encouraged. Emmrey caught sight of the finish line and she left me in the dust;) She gave it her all and came in 7th in her group (4th girl)....so proud of her!!
Kars held onto a lead right from the start and never let up. I was so proud to see her cross the finish line trailing only 3 boys ...by a smidge;) She came in 1st place for the girls....fastest 6th grade girl....way to make your mark as the "new kid".
The goal for the run is that EVERY child finishes....no matter how fast. As proud as I was of my girls for doing so well and running so hard, I was even more proud to see them cheer on kids who were struggling to finish. I think the best part of the day was watching the kids rally and even go back and re-run/walk with classmates to the finish line:) These two girlies of mine really shined and I couldn't be more proud!!


That looks like so much fun, it looks like you are all fitting right into your new town. You have some quick little runners :)
ReplyDelete