Monday, August 12, 2013

Field Trip Friday: Fair

After taking a couple of weeks off from our field trips, we were back at it again this past week.  The Laramie County Fair was running and we decided to see how its done here in Chey-town.  Honestly, it was a little sad and nothing like the Park County Fair we are used to.  I was surprised that a town of this size would have such a weak set up.  Keep in mind that they just came off a 10-day Frontier Days run, which is the biggest event in the state.  I think they must invest everything in that and are pretty much spent once its over.  The nice thing was there was no crowd to contend with.  We pretty much had the whole place to ourselves...not really;)  The girls had wanted to see the "dress a bunny" show, so we made sure to hit that first.  They were getting all these wonderful ideas for dressing Stewy next year....I don't think he would go for that.  We did find his brother from another mother there......or at least it could have been.
 Mark joined us during his lunch break.  When we went through the bird house...this cute girl asked our girls if they wanted to hold her chicken.  There were no takers on that one, so Mark was a good sport and held her.  Here he is with Donna Sue;)
 The girls favorite part was the Goat house.  This cute little fella? was so friendly.  He/she stayed up on the fence the whole time we were in there...just wanting their attention.
 He particularly liked Bay.  He couldn't keep his hands off her...ha ha!!
 They had a whole area of bouncy toys set up for the kids to play on.  Karsy and Emm had a blast!!
We had to make a quick escape when I saw this hanging on a post.  I guess I am guilty of harboring some pretty shady characters;) 
 [This is them trying to look dangerous]
It was no Park County Fair.  It was small, simple, and sparse.... but sometimes that is nice too.  It was also FREE...so really how can you complain!!  Maybe we will have to try out the State Fair next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment