Friday, March 8, 2013

Fine Dining

Recently we have had some fun dining experiences.  My friend Page {and her husband Adam}, invited us over for a Cheese Tasting Party of sorts.  They had made this nice little spread of gourmet cheese and other finger foods.  Now I am a BIG fan of cheese...love it...but I had never heard of most of these.
{Brie, Chevre, Limburger, Romano, Gruyere, Smokey Blue, White Stilton w/ Cranberries, Saint Nectaire, Fresh Mozzarella}


One of our favorites was the Gruyere, although the Easy Cheese was a close second;)  Mark says they added that just for me...he also refuses to accept it as a real cheese!!  
The kids all ate pizza and played in the basement...
 While the adults nibbled on cheese and caviar and had sophisticated conversation upstairs:}
It was such a fun night and something we will always remember!!

*****
The following week my friend Eunlan, offered to have the young women over and teach them how to make Korean food.
She showed us how to make Mandu {a Korean dumpling} and the girls got busy filling the skins ....
And while we worked....Karsyn and Emmrey played with her little ones
{Jie, Kars, Emm, Inbeom}


The Mandu were DELICIOUS ...
We have certainly been getting a little more cultured lately...
and I love it!!  I also love this neat family:}

No comments:

Post a Comment