Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Arty Party

I am not used to having kids in school on their birthday.  I think in first grade Kars had her birthday when school was still in, but that's it.  Emmrey was fine with going to Kindergarten {always is}, but she did want to make sure she got her breakfast in bed.  She waited patiently for it.  Her choice was a chocolate Pop Tart, strawberries and strawberry milk.  Although it was not a breakfast I would normally go for {the choc pop tart}, it worked to our advantage with the time crunch.  
 She had been staring at the package from Grandpa Wayne and Grandma Cheryl for days and so I decided to let her open it before school.  She was thrilled ...another kid to take care of.  She is still working on a name for piggy and the block crayons were just the kind of thing she would love. 
 I surprised her with a Happy Meal at lunch.  She was appreciative, but she was also a little busy catching up with her little man....Grant.  They ran all over the playground together.. ..holding hands no less.
We took these little Paint Brush Treats to share with her class {also a party favor}
 
Then it was time to get Artsy. Emmrey loves to do projects.  I had seen so many cute ideas for an Art Party, I knew this would be just right for her 6th birthday.  We delivered invitations to some of her little friends and began the planning .. .. ..
 
It was actually a beautiful day, but just breezy enough that I was afraid if we set up in the backyard, we might end up with a splatter effect on the painting:}  So.. ...I set up in the garage.  Not as pretty, but it was a good choice.  We had 3 centers. The kids could be little Picasos with canvas painting..
They made play-dough with their choice of Kool Aid.. .. 
And they could design their own crayon.
We moved outside and let the kids run around for a bit and we attempted to take some group pictures.  This is the best we could get.. ..getting six 5-6 year old's to cooperate is harder than you think.
Then it was time for cake and ice cream for the starving artists.. ..
And making birthday wishes.. ..
 I love this picture.  Mark may not be very involved with the party planning, but during the event.. ...he is an all-star.  Just look how entertaining he is....those kids are captivated:}
It was a fun little party.  Just the right length of time.  We sent the kids home with their canvas, cute little paint pails filled with their creations and a "paint brush".
 ****
You would think this would be enough celebrating.  But we still had family gifts to open.  Emmrey is crazy about Lalaloopsy dolls right now {I like them myself}.  We got her the Tree House and School Bus.  She also got Friend Legos and games from her sissies {Mouse Trap and HedBanz}.  While she was thrilled with all her gifts, she was ecstatic that daddy got her some fish.. ..which she has wanted for a long time!!
She had also asked for some "Kindergarten books", so she could practice reading.  She was so happy when she opened not one, but two books.. ...it was so cute!!
Happy 6th Birthday Emmy!!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it hard having them in school on their birthday?..I don't like it. Looks like you packed the rest of the day full of lots of fun. I love the party, and especially those cute painters (just saw those on pinterest). Happy Birthday Emmrey!

    ReplyDelete