Bailee and I just returned from a week at camp. This was my 3rd year as Camp Director and Bailee's first year at Stake Camp. Unlike the years before, this year felt very loong!! I think it was a combination of new leaders planning, way too much free time, and the stress of taking care of one of my girls who was not doing so well. Let's just say when it was time to head home...I was more than ready:} That isn't to say we didn't have a good time!!
{Markos lovely art work greeted us}
I did my usual "Tuck in Treats" for the girls....this year our theme was "Arise and Shine Forth", so I did a jar lantern, candy bar with a fun/inspirational wrapper, and glow sticks.
I also got each of the girls one of these little backpacks to carry their stuff around in. They came in pretty handy on hike day:}
We did skits from the bags again....basically you are given a bag with random items and you have to come up with a skit using those items within 30 minutes. It is pretty funny to see what they all come up with:}
I went on the 2nd year hike with Bailee and about 25 other girls. We hiked 6 miles to the bottom of a waterfall. The girls had the option of hiking up the waterfall, and at first count we only had 4-5 interested {one being Bay} and by the time we took off, we had all but 4-5. It was a pretty treacherous path up...not for the faint-hearted. But it was oh so worth it...absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!
You could go right up behind the waterfall...man was it slippery. { I am still waiting for a pic that was taken of the whole group up there}
Bailee tried her hand at archery with one of her cabin mates...Maddie who was from Burlington
We also spent some time learning the cup routine.....it did rain {pour} on us a little and I was so glad we had cabins and a mess hall....whew!!
This year was different for sure....but the best part was getting to go another year with my Bailee Bug:} Wonder if I will still be going with Eva Lu in 2 years???
Kelsey had the same theme, very cool. Looks like you all had a great time. Love the waterfall. 3 years in a row, go Kim!
ReplyDelete