Sunday, June 3, 2012

"WOrlando"

We just got back from an overnighter in Worland {or Worlando as we like to call it around here}.  It is certainly not the most happening place on earth, but it has it's own kind of small town charm.  Both Bailee and Karsyn were selected to be in the Wyoming ACDA Children's Honor Choir.  This was Bay's third year, and Karsy's first.  It is comprised of students grades 4-8 and involves a couple of months of early morning practices as well as 2 hour rehearsals every day the week leading up to the concert.  The purpose of the event is to promote excellence in choral music by inviting a nationally known choral director to work with young musicians. It is really quite an honor to be a part of the choir and the concert is impressive. 
{This is just the Cody kids}
 
 I was a little worried initially, that Bailee would feel like Karsyn was invading on her territory, but I think she really liked "showing her the ropes" and having a buddy to run around with!!  I was thrilled to see them do this together.
I always like to get a photo with the guest director....the girls thought Miss Christy Elsner was so much fun to work with.
While they were at rehearsals all day Saturday, Mark and I took Emmrey to check out a place called Castle Gardens.
We hiked all over and man was it HOT!! 
Pretty soon our hike turned into a very imaginative tour of Emmrey and Jo's house.....it was hilarious!!
{Not sure what the deal was with the peace signs today....first 2 photos of Emm:}

1 comment:

  1. I hope we get to hear your little musical girls someday soon. And still can't wait to hear about Joe (he sounds really fun). Looks like a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete