Tuesday, June 26, 2012

13 going on 3 {if I had it my way}

It seems like just yesterday we were packing up our belongings in the LDS Hospital NICU and heading for home.  {We actually stayed at my parents home overnight, just to make sure all was well before driving to Logan}.  We were full of angst...and pretty much scared to death about taking care of this tiny baby.
Well, we managed to figure out how to take care of a little one, just in time for her to start growing up on us:}
 
 Bailee wants to do the right thing!!  She has always played by the rules and she expects everyone else to as well...not so easy for some of us:} Her "look" says it all
We knew from the start that Bailee was a very special soul.  
She has the kindest heart...SWEET as ICE CREAM!!
 
She loves to get dressed up and be fancy.....but has no problem roughing it and getting a little dirty.
Her imagination has been a thing of wonder..... and although as she gets older it doesn't always display itself in the same way, it is still there.  
All that imagination and creativity has made her a very good writer.  I think all the reading she does certainly helps:}
 She was born to be a BIG sister{a bit of a know it all and a little bossy for sure;} She does set a very good example for the little ones to look up to.

And she has always liked to be with us and that has been something we have never taken for granted or wished away.  Yes we have battled some separation/attachment struggles over the years, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
As I type this post, I can hardly believe the words that I see in front of me.....Bailee is 13!!!  This past year has brought a lot of growing pains for both of us and I am sure there will be more to come. As difficult as it is for me to accept the changes,  I look forward to new experiences with a teenage daughter.  Dad and I feel so blessed to have you as a daughter Bailee Rychel. We are so proud of the young lady you are growing up to be and have high hopes for all that you will achieve in your life.  
We love you BUGGY!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to one of the sweetest girls we have ever met! Hope it was a special day.

    ReplyDelete