Bailee moved over to the 7th grade hall this year and was excited to get her computer back. She was placed in both Advanced Math and Advanced Language Arts. We are so proud of her and how well she does in school. Although I think it makes her a little nervous that it will be too difficult, we have complete confidence in her and her abilities.....bring on the challenge!!
Karsyn was anxious to get things rolling in 4th grade and she thinks it is pretty great already. They are changing things up a bit this year and will group 4th and 5th graders together for both Math and Reading time. The goal is to place kids with others working at their level and to allow the kids who need more of a challenge to move ahead/back if necessary. It will be interesting to see how it all works out!!
Emmrey won't start Preschool until after Labor Day, but she did have her first morning at "Small Wonders" (it's like saying a bad word-ha). Actually we visited quite a few centers before deciding and I think this one will be great!! When you have never had to use daycare, it is quite a difficult adjustment and it has given me a new perspective on those parents who don't have any other choice but to put their little ones in the care of someone else. I could never do it if Emmrey was not going on 5:( She will go there part time and preschool part time while I student teach. Right now she will just be there when I have to do prep hours. I won't officially be a Student Teacher until the 19th.
We traditionally have our Back to School dinner before school starts or on the first day. But this year it was just too much with all of us getting ready for our various destinations and Mark was gone ALL week, so Mama was stressed out!! We had our dinner when Mark got back in town over the weekend.
Here's to a great school year for EVERYONE!!!!
Happy Back to school week!! Hope you all have a wonderful school year. I love the school lunch.
ReplyDelete