Sunday, July 26, 2020

Ashlee and Ashley and a HUGE surprise!

Ashlee and Ashley came to visit us for a long weekend the end of July. It was an extra long wait that Thursday for the two of us who weren't busy at work;)

Knowing they wanted to see RMNP, we had made a reservation for Friday morning.
Waiting for the shuttle. Bailee and Karsyn had their last day at the BGC so unfortunately they weren't able to join us.

It was a bit of a cloudy day and threatening rain as we did the loop around Bear Lake.

We drove up Trail Ridge Road and walked to an overlook at roughly 12,000 feet. 
Not an easy climb even without the elevation gain.
We all made it just as it started to sprinkle.
Quick group photo before heading back down.
We grabbed some lunch in Estes at one of our favorite burger joints.
And found a beautiful spot to eat. Sorry folks. Hard to get a flattering pic when everyone has a mouthful;)
We had to spend some time exploring the Stanley. Emmrey has an awesome video on her YouTube channel [Cousin and Cousin Company;)].

We got back home right about the time that the girls were returning from work. We were sitting around chatting about our day when the doorbell rang. I was hesitant to open it, because ... well.. I'm a little weird about that. In retrospect, the fact that I was being urged to get it and Ashley got up from the couch and followed me;) should have given me a clue that something was going on. I opened the door to THIS!! I am a little embarrassed that my reaction may have been confusing. Because I was confused. I was having such a hard time figuring out what was going on that I'm afraid I forgot my manners. I was truly "blown away" and will be forever grateful that they came out in support of Karsyn [even though they couldn't even attend her graduation]. BEST surprise and BEST family ever!!
We went to a food truck at one of our local breweries to get some dinner. It is always risky taking guests to a place you haven't been before. We had heard only positive things and I think they all liked it? While we were eating at the park, a car pulls up and four nice looking people get out and start walking toward us. It took me a bit to register that it was Jill and her family. I was so disoriented all night😂
in the alley at Leave it to Cleaver

No comments:

Post a Comment