Emmrey got to spend a few days away from us at Eco Week. I was a little uneasy ... {first time staying away from home}. She was crazy excited about the whole thing!
This annual event for fifth graders in the district uses ecological lessons, guided hikes, and an overnight trip to the mountains to teach science and social studies standards.
This year they ventured to the YMCA of the Rockies. Pretty sweet accommodations! They were fed three meals a day in the dining hall. I love love love that Emm is the kind of kid that goes out of her way to include those that need a friend.
| Emm with Moriyah |
I also love that she took all these pictures by herself with the camera we sent.
It's fun to see what kids capture.
| Raigan |
She enjoyed Ecology classes, learned outdoor survival skills, went on a "Night Hike", and participated in team building activities. I think her favorite part was just staying in a dorm room with friends:)
Her roommates ... Yesena, Tania, Emm, Bella, Sophie
It was mayhem at the school Friday afternoon ... but a good kind!

I was pretty happy to see this girl. She had a fabulous time ... lots of stories to tell.
She "missed us, but wished it had been just a few days longer"


No comments:
Post a Comment