Thursday, February 19, 2015

All You Need Is Love

Valentine's at our house is really more about the girls. Mark is a bit of a cynic when it comes to this holiday. Don't get me wrong he is very loving and can even be downright romantic when he wants to be.  He just doesn't care for the whole "commercialized feeling obligated to go all out on this one day" nonsense. Anywhooo.... Emmrey and I put together some silly straws for her class. I was surprised she didn't end up with a few more. I guess other moms weren't scouring Pinterest for ideas like I was.
 Karsyn surprised me when she asked to put together a little something for a few friends.....
 Since Valentine's was on Saturday, we had an entire day together to feel the love. While Mark made pancakes, I heart attacked the girls rooms {and Mark's mirror}
 
 The girls had to put together a message with words on different hearts.
 
 Those cute girls heart attacked us too. They had spent their sister night while Mark and I were on our date Friday making these hearts and a card...sweet!
 

 Later that afternoon we were doorbell ditched and found this at our front door.  There was even an un-frosted sugar cookie for Kars since that girl is not a frosting lover at all!
A "secret valentine" sent these cards with a specially designed cachet and postmark from the city of Loveland
 
We had our traditional candlelight dinner. ...pizza with pepperoni hearts, hearts of Romaine salad, strawberry hearts and of course love potion.
 The girls got their photo books and spent a good part of the night looking through them, reminiscing and laughing at each other.....so glad I started doing this.
Such a nice day together. I sure do LOVE this guy even if he doesn't like to celebrate Valentine's!
  
<3<3<3<3<3

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a" lovely" day. Sadi got one of those same straws for Valentines, love the balm idea. And what a fun tradition of the picture books.

    ReplyDelete