Sunday, March 30, 2014

Green Day

As I've said in years past, the coming of the Leprechaun gets nearly as much anticipation around here as a visit from Santa.  I don't know what it is, but Emm gets so excited about it!!  While I love that she is so full of JOY, I am less enthused about making a huge production out of St. Patty's. I really am trying to simplify with certain things for multiple reasons, but we just couldn't overlook it all together. Luckily, she doesn't need it to be a big show to have fun and since Bay and Kars are less impressed with it all :( ...I'll take it as long as I possibly can.  We simply had to make a trap.  Tried to keep it simple with what we had on hand.  Emmrey knew exactly what those tricky guys like....
I love how her note telling him/her where the gold is and to "clim the rainbow".  She is absolutely convinced that she is going to catch one and is always so discouraged that we haven't;)
 That Leprechaun was sneaky again.  Got the gold...but all we found in the trap was a little treat for the girls.... green socks, gold Nuggets and rainbow Skittles (no picture since they tore into them quicker than I could get to it)  We also found our toilet had been utilized again....not sure if the girls are amused by this or just grossed out;)
 We ended the day with our traditional Shamrock Shakes ...this year with a lil' Irish stache!!

No comments:

Post a Comment