We love having Halloween parties. We have tried to host one every year since the girls were little. This year, I thought it would be fun to do a Mystery Dinner. We decided this one would be for Bailee and some of her friends, because it required the ability to actually sit down for a long period and eat a meal:} We will have to do something else for Kars and Emm. We sent out the invites a couple of weeks in advance.. ...
When the girls arrived, we blindfolded them and drove them to the "mysterious location" where they would have their dinner. I think some of them were genuinely scared about this. We had to assure them that it was all in fun and they would be totally safe:} Mark took them on a good little ride around town.. ..{up an down hills, off pavement, round in circles etc} to throw them off a bit. Upon arriving, they had to follow a rope {with assistance} around the yard and finally to their destination where they were able to remove their blindfold. The "mysterious location" was actually our garage transformed.
After being seated by my little helpers, they filled out their menu choices for the Mystery Dinner. They had no idea what they were ordering for each course. Some were better at guessing than others. Karsyn was seriously upset with me when one of the girls ended up with her utensils and ranch dressing for her first course. She didn't get the humor in it and felt I was not being very nice:}
This is what they were ultimately served by the end of the meal. Some of them ended up with ice cream first thing...they LOVED that!! One of Bay's friends has Celiac disease, so I secretly worked with her Mom and we ended up with a meal that was completely Gluten Free for all of us:}
This is what I put in the drinks....gummy worms frozen in ice cubes... ..eww.
These 2 were the best little kitchen helpers....using my little "key" to translate the menu items and get them served.
We also had Take-Out boxes for them to fill with spooky treats from the candy jars.. ..like Dreadful Edibles, Devilish Delights, and Deadly Morsels.
I honestly thought that once they took off their blindfold, they would have figured out the location. But by the end of the meal, several girls still did not know they were in our garage and they were still a little freaked out.. ..it was pretty funny.
After they were all done with dinner, we went inside and played The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow. I had just heard about this game on a blog and ordered it. Each round everyone is dealt a card with a role they will play. The object is for the Townspeople to figure out who the Werewolves are before they kill everyone off. It is sooo fun. You have to have at least 8 people to play, but you can have as many as 18.
It was such a fun night and Bailee was so appreciative for putting it together for her. It was a lot of work, but totally worth it. Now what to plan for Kars and Emm??

That is the cutest party ever. I want to steal the entire idea and use if for my own! Very creative. Sounds like that may be a game we need to invest in, I have never heard of it. Can't wait to see the next party!
ReplyDelete