Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Student...Teacher.....MOM:)

I am going on 9 weeks of Student Teaching. For the past 4 weeks I have taken over the classroom completely. I have been "present" in the classroom full-time since the first week in September and teaching part-time, but this is a whole different ball game. While I love almost everything about teaching and being in the school, I must admit it has been SO HARD juggling it along with my most important job as a Mommy. I feel like most days I can't keep up and the simplest tasks seem unattainable. I lay in bed at night thinking about all the things I didn't get checked off my list and wondering if I am short changing my girlies as well as the kiddos in my class.





We are all trying to figure out this new routine in our life right now. Bailee and Karsyn don't seem to be overly affected by the change. Bailee is a great help in the mornings and even packs me a lunch sometimes with cute notes on the sack and I know that Kars loves that we are school together all day. Emmrey on the other hand is struggling to adjust to her time without mommy and it is not something either of us are getting used to:) Mark has been a tremendous help (when he is in town;) He takes Emmrey most Fridays and she looks forward to her "daddy day" all week. While the girls are hanging in there, I can't help feeling like I am not doing enough for them right now and as a Mom that is the worst feeling ever!!

This is what I have been working toward all these years and I am finally there....doing something I absolutely love....so why do I feel so torn? I know that I am doing the right thing and this will all be worth it someday, but in the mean time, I am looking forward to spending more time with my precious little girls in the near future who I LOVE the MOST!!! (I will miss little notes like this)

No comments:

Post a Comment