Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tribute to Dad's

"Walk a little slower daddy,"
said a child so small.
"I'm following in your footsteps
and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Daddy,
For I must follow you."


To Mark, who is just the right Daddy for our three little girls. He does such a good job of appreciating the differences in the girls and making each of them feel special. He puts forth a great deal of effort to get in individual time with them whenever he can. When I asked the girls what they loved about their dad, they said "he loves me, he "snugglebugs" with me and he is funny". These girls have no doubt that their daddy loves them, he is very open about that. And he does have a great sense of humor. He doesn't take most things too serious, which comes in handy with the girl drama that ensues in our house now and then:) We love you Marko!!

To my Dad, who has always taken such good care of me. He has never been one to seek out status or recognition, but rather content to let others take the limelight. However, in my life he has and always will have a powerful presence. I always feel a comfort just knowing he is there. Thank you dad for showing me how to put others first:)


To my father in law, a man of few words but many good qualities. Much of what we learn from him comes from an unspoken example. He has taught us about working hard and persevering even when life gets tough. Thank you for instilling good values in the man that I love!




To all these Father's in my life...thank you for your guidance and example and for making my life happy. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment