Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears...Oh my!!

I was able to go on a Field Trip with Bailee's Social Studies class this past week. They are learning about Business/Economics and each class visited a different business in the community. Bailee's class went to Natures Design...a local Taxidermy. It was actually pretty interesting and I was surprised how huge this industry is, they even have hunters who ship animals from Africa for them to mount....crazy! I have to admit I found it all a little creepy and I kept getting spooked by all the heads and eyes that were watching me, even though I knew they were "no longer with us". I must say I am so glad Mark is not a hunter. There is just something not quite right with displaying stuffed animal carcases around your home...yikes~~

Bailee and her friend Maddie were towered by this huge Moose in the shop. Man...you don't realize how massive those critters are until you can actually stand underneath one!

Bailee thought this little baby was so sweet, she wanted to give it a kiss....;)
It was an interesting afternoon and I always love to spend time with my girls and their classmates on their Field Trips.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! What a cool fieldtrip, and how fun you got to be there to share it with her.

    ReplyDelete