Sunday, February 20, 2011

Love is in the Air

We LOVE celebrating Valentine's ...a day that has become less about the lovers (Mark and I) and more about doing little things for our little Love Bugs (the girls;) All of the girls took Valentines to school for their classmates. Karsyn made this awesome horse for her Valentine container and they had treats GALORE.

Emmrey has a preschool teacher who is health minded and she really curbs the treats....which I am soooo happy about. The kids decorated bags and passed out Valentines and that was it...nice and simple and minus all the junk food.

Bailee didn't have a party this year-how sad, but I did take in yummy sugar cookies to her PAWS class at the end of the day and they thought it was the greatest!!

Speaking of Valentines...what ever happened to passing out simple cards??? Oh my...my girls came home with goody bags full of treats from individual classmates. I feel it is getting a bit out of control. Remember the days when you felt a little "bump" in your valentine envelope and opened it to find a few conversation hearts...oh yeah- and if you happened to get one of the jumbo size ones in there you had really scored!! Not so anymore...it seems like we are all trying to give the best and the most...sometimes I really long for simpler times:)
We all cam home after Bailee's piano lesson to find that bedrooms had been "Heart Attacked". Since we went to the lesson right after school Emmrey was in wonder of "who did it?" Their rooms were covered in hearts and a little surprise as well. Emmrey was most excited about the balloon. She had been saying that she "sure hoped she would get a balloon again this year for Balentines"


We ended the day with our Valentines Dinner!!


Hope everyone had a lovely day.....

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day! I do remember those days of the few conversation hearts in the envelope as well. Don't we all wish for those days again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, Looks like it was a great day of Love. I do miss the little Valentine's Cards and Boxes.

    ReplyDelete