It was a bit shaky at first, but Bailee felt like a pro by the end of the day:) I was just glad to not make a scene involving youngsters being taken down with me.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Sleeping Giant
The 6th grade girls had the opportunity to ski for a day as a part of their PE unit. Parents were strongly encouraged to attend along with their child. Bailee was so excited to go and really wanted Mark or me to go along with her. I decided it would be a great way to spend a day together and to be a part of Bay's first skiing experience....one small problem...I myself have not skied since High School and that was not the best experience for me:( But I decided I would try to be a good example and conquer my old fears. We spent the day at Sleeping Giant, a ski resort up near Yellowstone which reopened last year. We were lucky enough to have our friends Miranda and Paige along with us to show us the ropes. I forgot how difficult those things are to just maneuver in, let alone make it up and down the hill.

It was a bit shaky at first, but Bailee felt like a pro by the end of the day:) I was just glad to not make a scene involving youngsters being taken down with me.

The weather could not have been more perfect!! We had such a fun day together...who knows maybe we will turn into "ski bums"
It was a bit shaky at first, but Bailee felt like a pro by the end of the day:) I was just glad to not make a scene involving youngsters being taken down with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You go girls!! Ski bumms. I think you should.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day for both of you, way to go in conquering your fear!
ReplyDelete